Friday, May 27, 2011

Bikecam

At lunch a couple of days ago, some friends suggested that I get a helmet-cam for the ride.  I did a little research and found a do-it-yourself idea to mount a handheld camera to the bike (Photojojo).  A trip to the hardware store and my spare parts box and I have a camera mount.  Here's a sample picture:


And here are some videos:












I'm going to play with the settings on the camera some, but I was too excited not to post these.

In response to Quoc's request, here is a picture of the mount.  It uses:
  • old reflector mount with the reflector discarded. 
  • one 2-inch long bolt the right size and threading to fit into the camera
  • 2 rubber washers
  • one metal washer
  • one nut
  • one wing nut


Here are two pictures of the mounted camera.


4 comments:

  1. Have you thought about tracking pulse ox, glucose tolerance, lung CO, lung volume?
    -De

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quoc said:
    Cool...is there a picture of your mount and camera?

    ReplyDelete