Friday, April 15, 2011

The Route

We plan to ride from Washington to New Jersey.  This is our proposed route.  I will write another post to explain the background reasons for the ride.  The route is broken into 3 sections because Google Maps has a maximum number of stops.  Click on the map to see the route in Google maps.  We are looking for people along our route who would be willing to help us.  What would help us?  I'll list some things below the maps.
Washington to the Montanna/North Dakota border.

Minnesota to Lake Michigan
Lake Michigan to New Jersey


What can you do to help if you live along the route?
  • Sleeping accommodations (a place to pitch a tent for example).
  • Showers - even a garden hose would work
  • Drinking water
  • Ice - make a block of ice for us
  • Advice - let us know good places to buy food, interesting things to see, etc.

3 comments:

  1. Several people have noticed that the route shown seems to have us riding on large highways such as the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Although that could be exciting, we have no intention of doing something so dangerous. The route shown above was generated by giving Google Maps several locations along the way and then allowing it to select a route. Our expected route will be on scenic back roads. If there is enough interest, I may do a post showing the approximately 30 individual routes. I have other posts to write first: about the bike and my camera setup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, I'm sorry to say that I'm just now getting around to reading your blog. I think you've not yet reached Minnesota. If you need a place to pitch your tent I can put you in touch with some friends who I'm sure would let you in exchange form stories of your trip. Let me know.

    Mike Juniper

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right. We begin this Friday, June 17.

    ReplyDelete